Vancouver is a great city to explore. In one day it is not possible to see everything, but these are some idea to spend a day in the city and explore the most of it.
- Gastown: this is the oldest area of the city, it has nice cobblestone streets and lots of cute stores and restaurants
- Chinatown: this is the second largest chinatown in North America. The area is a little rough but not dangerous.
- Yaletown: this is a great area for nightlife and restaurants.
- Granville Island: this is th perfect spot for lunch and to check the market. Lot’s of street performers and a fun vibe.
- Kitz beach: beautiful beach, lots of beach volley players.
- English bay beach: perfect spot to look at sunset and people watching.
- Stanley Park: the parks gigantic, if you plan of walking around it keep in. mind that it is about 10km long.
If I have more time these are some other great spots to explore and enjoy!
- Grouse Mountain: this is in North Vancouver, you can take the gondola and have a spectacular view of the city from the top of the mountain.
- Ambleside Park: in West Vancouver is a great location to watch crises hip pass under the Lions Gate Bridge.
- Lynn Valley suspension bridge: this bridge is located in a public park and it is free, you can walk in the park and spot some wildlife.
- Lighthouse Park: another great park in the North Shore where you can have beautiful view of the bay and downtown.
- Cypress Mountain Lookout: Another great place to have a wonderful view of the city from the top.
Andrea was born and raised in Northern Italy. At the age of 30 he moved to Vancouver Canada. Over the years he traveled extensively in North America, Europe, Central America and Asia. He is passionate about traveling, cruising and travel photography. He likes to write about his traveling and shows his travel photos.