Vancouver is a great city to explore. In one day it is not possible to see everything, but these are some idea to spend a day in the city and explore the most of it.
- Gastown: this is the oldest area of the city, it has nice cobblestone streets and lots of cute stores and restaurants
- Chinatown: this is the second largest chinatown in North America. The area is a little rough but not dangerous.
- Yaletown: this is a great area for nightlife and restaurants.
- Granville Island: this is th perfect spot for lunch and to check the market. Lot’s of street performers and a fun vibe.
- Kitz beach: beautiful beach, lots of beach volley players.
- English bay beach: perfect spot to look at sunset and people watching.
- Stanley Park: the parks gigantic, if you plan of walking around it keep in. mind that it is about 10km long.
If I have more time these are some other great spots to explore and enjoy!
- Grouse Mountain: this is in North Vancouver, you can take the gondola and have a spectacular view of the city from the top of the mountain.
- Ambleside Park: in West Vancouver is a great location to watch crises hip pass under the Lions Gate Bridge.
- Lynn Valley suspension bridge: this bridge is located in a public park and it is free, you can walk in the park and spot some wildlife.
- Lighthouse Park: another great park in the North Shore where you can have beautiful view of the bay and downtown.
- Cypress Mountain Lookout: Another great place to have a wonderful view of the city from the top.